12 Issues That Lead to Dental Implants

1. Not Brushing Your Teeth
2. Not Flossing
3. Letting Cavities Go Unfilled
4. Missing Your Yearly Dentist Checkups
5. Drinking Soda
6. Eating Chewy, Sticky and Gummy Food
7. Ignoring Your Dental Health
8. Natural Tooth Decay
9. Gum Disease
10. Tooth or Gum Infections
11. Eating Acidic Foods
12. Teeth Grinding

As we get older, there are some essential practices that we let fall on the way. One of them is dental health. According to a report presented by Washington Dental Service Foundation (WSDF), only 75 percent of people older than 60 years have a portion of their original teeth. The remaining 25 percent have either their teeth removed and replaced with artificial ones. It stands to reason that issues such as gingivitis, gum diseases, tooth cavities can cause a significant loss of the natural teeth. Not to mention, potentially dangerous conditions such as diabetes and heart disease occur due to poor dental health. There are many factors that play into one potentially having to have a tooth extracted and replaced by a dental implant. Here are 12 reasons why one would need to get a dental implant…

1. Not Brushing Your Teeth

When you chew and swallow food, some particles remain in the teeth and tongue. If you are not brushing your teeth regularly, these particles may harbor bacteria and form plagues. This can lead to conditions such as gingivitis and tooth cavities. These conditions can cause severe damages to your teeth, leading to extraction and placement of dental implants. It is thus important you get rid of food particles that accumulate in your teeth as soon as possible through regular brushing. Brush every morning after you take your breakfast and after dinner. In order to remove the particles effectively, tilt the brush slight and sweep it across the gum. Brush the inside and outside of each tooth. Also, brush the tongue.